we need Jesus.

Over the past year I've realized small things in my life that used to not bother me or convict me disgust me now. The more I grow and mature in Christ, the more aware I am of my own sin and frailty outside of Jesus. The more I study, meditate, read, and see the beauty, holiness, might, greatness, and flawless character of God, the more repulsed I am of my own sin and the world's darkness, the more I grieve for the lost souls of this world and fear the mighty and righteous Creator.

This "Christianity" game 80% of our nation plays...it's no joke. And when all the cards are dealt, people will be screaming in agony and regret, forever separated from Jesus and any goodness or holiness, in continual and eternal damnation, grief, and pain.

This has become so real to me lately. My calling in life continues to be more and more alive and tangible. People all around me, every single day, are dying...dying a death with no ending. Dying an eternal death that I will never come close to understanding, praise my Jesus. How can I just sit around and somehow get content with laziness and sin? I'm a walking miracle and testimony of the forgiving grace of our Savior, Jesus Christ. If you're reading this and you're a believer, so are you.

We are called:
to be a light in the darkness (Matt. 5),
to defend our faith (1 Pt. 3:15),
to look like Jesus (Phil. 2:5, Matt. 5:48),
to be His ambassadors (2 Cor. 5:20-21, Eph. 6:20)
to war against sin and the darkness in this world (Eph. 6:10-20)
to be agents of HIS RECONCILIATION (2 Cor. 5:11-19)

I study Scripture and I see a grace I don't understand. I want to just continually mimic David when he says in Psalm 8, "When I look at Your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have set in place...what is man that You are mindful of him? And the son of man that You care for him?" Who are we that Jesus would even look upon us, dark and dead in sin?

Yet He chose to. For His glory He chose to, and it blows my mind.

I study the character of God and I see greatness and humility, justice and mercy, righteous hatred and love, grace that is greater than all my sin. I can't help but be mortified that I willingly go into situations of sin...that I choose rebellion against the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. More and more, I hate my sin and grieve that I have offended so great a God that we serve. And to think He forgives me, the wretch that I am. That He forgives, as far as the east is from the west...that He removes my sin. That it's nailed on that cross of calvary, forever.

I need Jesus. We need Jesus. We are nothing a part from Him. I pray that as each day passes while I'm here on earth, my sin becomes more and more vile to me; I pray I never lose sight of the holiness and glory that is Jesus Christ. I pray I fight and wage war against sin. I pray He uses me as His vessel in the kingdom so that souls are pointed to HIM.

Man, oh man, my head and heart are so full tonight.

Lord, You are good and Your mercy endures forever!

Comments

Popular Posts