And when I sin...

Scripture tells us that it's the will of the Lord to crush us, His children, at times. It's hard to fully comprehend and understand what that means until you're there. Today I got a simple text from a friend that the Lord used to open a flood gate of covetousness and idolatry in my heart. And it aches.

Jesus saved me nearly 20 years ago. Knowing that the majority of my sin has taken place post conversion is hard to reconcile at times. It's really difficult knowing that the very King who died in my place, the very Messiah I proclaimed to know, love, and follow, is the very Savior that I daily spit upon and whip and nail to the cross.

I've been sitting on these things all day today. In the Lord's sweet love for me, He didn't let me sit in condemnation and shame for long before, once again, taking my eyes off of myself and putting them on Him- and reminding me of His loving promises. As you read these Scriptures, I hope and pray you're encouraged. We sin. We need Jesus- and just as we celebrate now during Advent, He came. He came and brought a redemption and hope that the world had never seen- and we too are partakers of that hope. Rest assured, in your sin there is something so much greater- and it's His grace.

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:1

Come, let us return to the LORD; for He has torn us, that He may heal us; He has struck us down, and He will bind us up.
Hosea 6:1

"For a brief moment I deserted you, but with great compassion I will gather you. In overflowing anger for a moment I hid My face from you, but with everlasting love I will have compassion on you," says the LORD, your Redeemer. "This is like the days of Noah to Me; as I swore that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth, so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you, and will not rebuke you. For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but My steadfast love shall not depart from you, and My covenant of peace shall not be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you.
Isaiah 54:7-10

If we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9

Behold, blessed is the one who God reproves; therefore despise not the discipline of the Almighty. For He wounds, but He binds up; He shatters, but His hands heal.
Job 5:17-18

But He disciplines us for our good, that we may share His holiness. For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Therefore lift up for drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed.
Hebrews 12:10-13

Out of the depth I cry to You, O LORD! O Lord, hear my voice! Let Your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy! If You, O LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But with You there is forgiveness, that You may be feared. I will wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning. O Israel, hope in the LORD! For with the LORD there is steadfast love, and with Him is plentiful redemption. And He will redeem Israel from all his iniquities.
Psalm 130

Comments

Popular Posts