His ways are not our ways...


If you had asked me five years ago what I'd hope to be doing today, it would be not even close to where I actually am. I've said it before and I'll say it again- God's ways are so much greater and higher, and He's taken me smack dab in the middle of my fears to learn that. Through years of deep sanctification, the very situations I fear are the very situations that I'm in. Just a few short years ago I felt so much shame in being single. Somehow I was "missing the mark" of what a godly woman is supposed to do and I was disappointing family and friends.

That couldn't be more false, and He has patiently (and sometimes painfully) shown me that. A godly woman is marked by her devoted and unhindered love and pursuit of her Maker, her love of knowing Him and making Him known- and by her desire and zeal to make disciples as He's commanded us. As each day goes by, I see the Lord's sovereign and loving care as He opens more doors for me, in my singleness, to live for Christ and share the hope found in Him. As He's grown and matured me these past few years, my desires have grown and extended to not only minister around my home, but to reach the lost all over the world.

It's in the midst of all of this that I'm excited to share that I have recently been offered a position at NEXT Worldwide, a church-planting missions organization that mobilizes American students to the mission field to plant churches where no witness for Christ exists. To say I’m excited about this opportunity is an understatement. My love of mentoring and pouring into youth along with evangelism and sharing the gospel around the nations are beautifully put together in this job. It's where the Lord has gifted me and He's made it very clear it's where He's directing me. 

The work the Lord has done and is continuing to do through NEXT Worldwide is nothing short of God-glorifying and amazing. I have had the privilege to go to Guatemala twice with NEXT Worldwide. To be a part of a team planting a church and sharing the gospel with people who don’t know Him is what the Great Commission in Matthew 28 is all about. We are called to be a part of God’s global work of redeeming a people for Himself. NEXT Worldwide is participating in this work in 10 countries around the world.

As I watch God break down walls of spiritual warfare, save souls, and bring hope amidst desperation my faith is deepened. This is the same faith that remains steadfast and sure as I embark on this new journey with NEXT.  I will be working full-time for NEXT and will be raising support for all my income.  I must reach 100% of my monthly support before I can begin work as a Mission Team Leader. And I'm going to be honest with you- this scares me. But greater than my fear and greater than my "this is awkward" is the deep rooted truth that HE alone provides. He is good, He knows my needs, and His track record is perfect. He loves me. I've learned that in deep intimate ways the past few years, and I'm learning it again in a new way, and that excites me. His ways ARE higher and greater than mine. So, in light of that, I am excited and joyful to ask you to consider being a part of my support team.

You can go here to find out the ways you can financially support me and what the Lord is doing. I will be updating this blog with ways to pray, stories of Christ's redemption, photos from trips, etc... I will also be sending out prayer cards and letters, so if you don't receive one and would like one, please let me know. I love each of you and I'm grateful for each of you!

In His grace and for His glory,
Rebekah

Comments

Popular Posts