He has caused me to taste and see...He is good.


I don’t ever feel more alive than when I am deeply communing with my Father God. Nothing and no one is more real and tangible in all that I have seen, tasted, smelled, and touched here on earth, but I cannot physically see Him, taste Him, smell Him, or touch Him.

Though you have not seen Him, you love Him. Though you do not now see Him, you believe in Him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 1 Peter 1:8-9

Yet, I love Him. I love Him so much.

I love You, O LORD, my strength! Psalm 18:1

I love Him so much that my physical body aches to be in His presence. I tremble at His “touch”. God is so big and mighty and REAL that He has the ability to touch us and move us in unimaginable ways. Even in our darkest and hardest moments, He shows up. He moves and works, creates and rebuilds. 

You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, that my glory may sing Your praise and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever! Psalm 30:11-12

Being in the presence of God leaves me thirsting and desiring for more. I thirst, I yearn, I ache, because I have seen- and know- that He is good. And there is no other like Him.

Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!
Psalm 34:8

I have stood in His presence. I know the sweetness and flavor of His truth; I know the depths of His love. He is good and nothing else compares.

How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Psalm 119:103

I don’t want to lose this, ever. I don’t want to lose my awe and wonder at His love for humanity, for the sinful lot that I am/we are. I don’t want to lose the tenderness of my heart as I weep at His sacrifice. I don’t want to lose my desire for deeper truths, for grasping hard theology, for reading and reading and reading until my silly mind slowly comprehends the depth and width of His glory and greatness. I don’t want to lose my fear of God and who He is. I don’t want to lose my insatiable desire to know and love Him and talk to Him.

Yesterday I clung to the gospel, today I cling to the gospel, and tomorrow I will cling to the gospel... by the grace of God. My hope is built in HIM. He is the good Shepherd and He has chosen me.  (John 10- I am HIS). His love for me caused me to love Him. His grace for me pushed me to run into His presence. His righteousness imputed to me enabled me to stand face to face before Him, clean and redeemed.  I am nothing without Him.

So, by the grace of God, I love Him. I know Him. And by the grace of God, may He never ever, cease to amaze, fulfill, satisfy, and captivate me. 

Comments

Popular Posts