I refuse to waste my life.

Whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ.
Philippians 3:7-8

We look at this and we're like "wow, thats radical." It's not. It's obedience and it's something every single follower of Jesus Christ is called to. We are commanded to view our lives as loss without knowing Jesus. Because knowing Jesus surpasses EVERYTHING, we are told to view all that we gain as rubbish, as trash...because He is so much greater.

Because Your steadfast love is BETTER THAN LIFE, my lips will praise You. Psalm 63:3

Is Jesus better than life to you? Do people even know that you love Him?

Are you wasting your life?

Is Jesus your ultimate, or are you obsessed with the reality or idea of success, status, popularity, marriage, love, children, money, safety, comfort?
Who are you living your life for?
What are you known by?
Are you known by your tongue and how it hurts and abuses people?
Are you known by your quick wit and sexual banter?
Are you known by your external beauty?
Are you known by the fact that you can "get" any guy or girl you want?
Are you known by your job? Your success?
Are you known by your ability to manipulate for your own advantage?

Are you known by your talents?
Are you known by your love for others, but to a flaw? Have your friendships, families, relationships, marriages become your idol? Where you forget Who gave them to you and Who can take them away?


Are you wasting your life?

Lecrae's song "Don't Waste Your Life" tears me up, line by line.

We created for Him
Outta the dust he made us for Him
Elects us and he saves us for Him
Jesus comes and raises for Him
Magnify the Father why bother with something lesser
He made us so we could bless Him and to the world we confess Him

Your money, your singleness, marriage, talent, and time
They were loaned to you to show the world that Christ is Divine
That's why it's Christ in my rhymes
That's why it's Christ all the time
My whole world is built around him He's the life in my lines
I refused to waste my life
He's too true ta chase that ice.

Jesus came to GIVE US LIFE and give us life abundantly! (John 10:10)

Seek Jesus. Respond to His pursuit of you. Submit to Him. Obey Him.
HE IS YOUR LIFE.
Don't waste your life on fleeting, temporary things of this world, that will only rot away and destroy. Seek Jesus. Use your life for Him...where it's eternal, forever, beautiful.

Outside of Jesus, we are nothing. Our lives are but a vapor here on earth; here in the morning, gone in the morning. How are you spending that small portion of your time here on earth?

Are you wasting your life?

Are you living for Jesus so people are left to want Him?
If you were to die tomorrow, what would you leave behind?
How would people say your life looked like?
What would be said about Jesus?
Will you stand before Jesus and say "I have fought the good figh. I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." Will He tell you "well done, My good and faithful servant..."?

Don't waste your life.
Make it about HIM.

Comments

Popular Posts