Lover

Lover, You woo me
You make me Your own. Who I am is Yours
My heart cannot resist you. I am Yours
I am Yours alone
You know my thoughts, You feel my fears
In spite of these, You love me, You want me still
Passionate pursuit and adoration are bestowed upon me
Joy and contentment flow freely from a heart in awe of You
Lover, You complete me
I would be nothing without You
Left alone, I am tossing in my bed, desperate, shaking, hopeless
Tears fall down, leaving rust stained traces upon my face
But You, You are my Lover
I am not alone
You know my tossing, You count my tears (Psalm 56:8)
You lay with me. You embrace me. Your arms encircle my shaking
Your strength erases my fears
You love overwhelms my inefficiencies, vulnerability, doubts, struggles, insecurities
Lover, You give me hope
You answer my questions with peace
Understanding and compassion flow from You
Lover, You "get" me
You know me when all others leave me, hate me, forsake me, mock me, abuse me, trash me, desert me
You, You stay right there with me
Lover, You own me
I am Yours. I am Yours
YOU ARE MINE
I boast of You. I boast in You. I boast of who You are and who You have made me to be
Lover, You are beautiful
You are the very essence of pure, raw, authentic beauty
You leave me speechless
My heart races thinking of You and hearing Your name
You are beautiful
Lover, You love me
When I abandon You, when I whore myself out, You love me
When I spit on You, reject You, mock You, deny You, dishonor You, leave You
You love me still
Lover, YOU LOVE ME. Who am I to have You?
YOU LOVE ME. This does not add up!
YOU LOVE ME. Lover, I cry to You!
Teach me to love You, Lover, as You love me
Lover, I love You
I LOVE YOU, LOVER
I LOVE YOU
I LOVE YOU
I LOVE YOU

Comments

Popular Posts